At the beginning of December, I posted an article about my December Giveaway Experiment. My goal was to enter as many giveaways as I could during the month of December and then report back to you what I won and how many giveaways I won. The ultimate goal of this experiment was to show you how you can easily win free prizes by entering blog giveaways. I also compiled a list of tips for entering giveaways to share with you. The majority of giveaways that I entered were the low entry giveaways found at Tight Wad in Utah. Tight Wad in Utah keeps compiled lists of low entry giveaways at the top of her page and also lists them in daily posts. The rest are giveaways found on giveaway and review blogs, mommy blogs, and giveaway link ups.
Here are my winnings for the month of December:
1. Baby GoGo Doll and Book ($39.99 value)
2. $25 My Princess Party Package from My Princess Party to Go. Purchased: three princess dress sets with jewelry and tiara and three feather boas ($25.00 value)
3. The Secret to Skinny: How Salt Makes You Fat, and the 4-Week Plan to Drop a Size and Get Healthier with Simple Low-Sodium Swaps By Lyssie Lakatos R.D. Tammy Lakatos Shames R.D. ($15.95 value)
4. $30 Visa Gift Card and Dinner Kits Romano's Macaroni Grill Creamy Basil and Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken (Kits: $10 value) ($40 value)
5. Two Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm- Sheer Peach and Sheer Pink Tint ($6.00 value)
6. Spanx Assets Bra ($32.00 value)
7. Photo Bracelet from Everything4Mom ($34.00 value)
8. Personalized Set of Mabels Labels ($21.00 value)
9. Playful Planet Storyland Yoga Ages 3-8 ($14.99 value)
10. Rock N Learn Money & Making Change DVD ($19.99 value)
11. Baby Dipper Bowl from BabyDipper.com ($9.95 value)
12. Baby Genius Kids' Dance Party 2 CD Set ($14.99 value)
13. Set of Photo Notecards from Mauverneen.com ($10.95 value)
14. $15 Etsy Credit from QuiteCrafty ($15 value)
15. The Attitude Girl signed by Author Mila Bernadkin ($16.95 value)
16. Curious George Book, DVD, and Poster Prize Pack
17. Hard Rock Umbrella, 4 Piece Hiking Set: Nylon Bag, Aluminum Water Bottle, 5 in 1 Pocket Knife, Aluminum Flashlight, and Stuffed Puppy
18. Two Packages of Cottenelle Wipes (value $6.00)
19. Felt Board Story E-Pattern Set from Copy Crafts Etsy Shop (value $5.00)
Total won: 19 giveaways in one month
Entered a total of about 50-60 giveaways
= An estimated $330 value!
(Note: There is one giveaway I did receive an email about and responded right away. Later I found out that the blogger gave it to another participant because I hadn't emailed back. I am pretty sure my email went to her spam, so make sure you ask them to email you back after you respond so that you know they received your email. It was for a Taco Kit and $10 Visa Gift Card! Also, I am currently still waiting on the Cottonelle Tubs, Kids Genius CD, and Curious George Prize Pack in the mail. I will email the sponsors if they do not arrive in the next week to check on the status.)
You can win, too! All you have to do is take a few minutes each day to find giveaways on blogs that you are interested in. Complete the entries and see if you win! They will start to add up if you are a regular participant. You can build your gift closet and give away the items you win as gifts, or use them yourself. I plan to give a few of these items away and keep a few. My two year old loves her Baby GoGo and I love the Carmex Moisture Tints! I already used the $30 gift card to purchase a few items on Amazon, also. We opened the Baby Dipper Bowl tonight and I have one that I plan to giveaway soon!
In conclusion, this was a fun experiment. I do plan to continue to enter giveaways, just not as many now that my experiment has ended. I would like to focus on entering giveaways that I know will benefit others and my family.
I would love to hear from you. Do you participate in blog giveaways? What have you won? If not, do you want to start entering blog giveaways? Please share!