Friday, July 9, 2010
It's summertime and we know that spending time with family and friends is very important! I am taking a short break but will be back before you know it! I will not be posting during this next week. While you are waiting for my return, I have compiled a list of things for you to do until I return. You can do all of these, a few of these, or none at all--just remember to have fun while completing these tasks.
1. Keep up with my Deal Watch list on "The Frugal Free Gal" Homepage. Even though I will not be posting this next week, my Deal Watch List automatically updates. You can find deals by visiting my blog everyday, even when I have nothing new to share. You will find free samples, coupons, and store specific deals, plus much more. Don't miss out! Visit DAILY and often!
2. Start your own blog. If you like to share ideas with others, try starting a blog. It can be a personal blog, a blog that shares tips, or blog about your hobbies. I like using Blogger. I actually have a personal blog about my daughter that I keep private for friends and family to view across the U.S. Have a Website? Join Logical Media and generate easy income Click Here
3. If you have a blog, spice it up with your very own signature. You can find out how to make a signature by following the easy steps listed on my post here. There is a link on making a button in the same post.
4. Sign up for any free samples you may have missed. Check my "Labels" section on the left sidebar, or the "Blog Archive" on the right sidebar for anything you are interested in. You may still be able to sign up for them but some may have expired.
5. Sign up for Swagbucks. It is a free program that lets you earn "digital dollars" for doing everyday searches. There are several different ways to win even more Swagbucks. I am 75 Swagbucks away from earning my 11th $5.00 Amazon Gift Card in just two months. I expect to earn the rest of my Swagbucks needed for another gift card by the end of today! Be sure to read my tips on earning more Swagbucks on my home page in the tab, "Swagbucks Tips" at the top. You can sign up here. Take some time to learn the program. It's really fun when you get the hang of it. UPDATE: As of tonight, 7/9/10, I have earned my 11th card, and have already earned 50 more Swagbucks towards the next card!
6. Enter my July Giveaway for a yearly subscription to the All You Magazine from magazines.com. You can enter up to four times. Entries are still low so you have a good chance in winning! This magazine is my favorite because it has several money saving coupons inside! This is why I chose it for my first giveaway. Read the details of the giveaway here.
7. Print coupons from my two favorite online coupon sources.
Red Plum - Free printable grocery coupons. Click Here
Print coupons for your favorite brands and save at Coupons.com. Click Here
Read about what "coupon stacking" means here.
8. Email your favorite companies for coupons by contacting them online. Find your favorite companies and request coupons on their "contact us" form that can be found on their home page. To read more, go here. Then find my "Labels" section on the left sidebar and click on "write to companies" to see what I have received from other companies!
9. Start creating your coupon binder. You will need a zip up binder, a pack of sheet protectors for collectors cards (can be found in the collector card sections in stores) and a few sets of dividers. My binder was $10.00 from Wal-mart, the sheet protectors were less than $5.00 a package, and dividers can be found for about $1.00 a package. I have purchased three packages of collector card protectors because I have a lot of coupons. Try starting out with one package if you are new to this. You can always buy more later. I used three sets of dividers. My binder was less than $30.00 and has already paid for itself through the use of my coupons. You can see how I divided my sections up at the bottom of the post here. If you aren't interested in creating a binder, buy a small accordian file that can fit in your purse to start out with. If you have a coupon binder already created, now is the good time to organize them by catching up on cutting, filing, and throwing out the expired coupons.
10. Search YouTube for videos on couponing. You can learn alot through watching these videos. This is how I learned a few tips. Search for videos on Jill Cataldo--the super couponing "Queen." You can read more about Jill and other coupon tips here. New to couponing or just starting out? Watch this video.
11. Start creating your stockpile. When items are on sale and you have coupons to match, buy several of that item if it is something you know you buy often. I love to stockpile on toiletries, condiments, and canned goods. Read my post on creating a small stockpile here.
12. Vote for "The Frugal Free Gal!" If you like this blog, please vote! Click the brown box at the top of my blog in the left corner that says, "Vote for Us!" from topmommyblogs.com. Thanks for your vote!
13. Like what you see or read? Every time you see a "Like" button, be sure to click it! This gives me an idea on whats popular so that I know what to write or post more of in the future! Also, find my button on the right sidebar where you can subscribe to my posts.
14. Follow me on Twitter. I am @frugalfreegal.
15. Follow my blog. You can click the follow button on the right sidebar to start following this blog.
16. Join my Facebook Group. You can find me on Facebook by searching for the group "The Frugal Free Gal." Click the "Like" button and you will then be able to get my updates through Facebook.
17. Look around my blog. Search high and low. Search my blog archive. You may see something you have missed! Get familiar with where things are placed on my blog so you can come back and find them easily. I do rearrange every now and then so if something is missing, look around in other places on my blog. Take the time to read my "About Me" section on the tabs at the top.
18. Email me! Have questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org I will try to respond as quickly as I can, but know that I am a busy mommy and my daughters needs will always come first!
What would you do for a free Chick-Fil-A meal? Would you dress up like a cow?
Today is Cow Appreciation Day. Go to any one of Chick-fil-A's 1,200+ restaurants today fully dressed like a cow and you'll get a FREE Chick-fil-A meal! Go ahead. Grab that cow costume from the back of your closet and go get you some free Chick-Fil-A! Go here for more information. Let me know if you participate and PLEASE email pictures!
Love the Summer Sun? Love these Summer Sample Offers. Click Here
Labels: free meal
***One of my referrals earned 64 Swagbucks on Mega Swagbucks Day today! Way to go!***
Every Friday is Mega Swagbucks Day! This means that you have better odds of winning the BIG Swag Bucks denominations! With a little luck, you'll be winning large bills starting at 20 Swag Bucks and up.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a search engine site (powered by Google and Ask.com) where you earn "swagbucks" for doing your everyday searches. Every time you search you have a chance of winning "swagbucks" that can be redeemed for prizes & gift cards.
Go here to sign up today for free and earn 30 free Swagbucks, or click the Swagbucks box above to sign up.
My earnings: $50.00 in Amazon Gift Cards in two months :)
Search. Shop. Win. SWAG BUCKS! Click Here
Labels: Mega Swagbucks
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Go here to print a coupon for 50% off one regular price item at Micheals. You can find the coupon on the home page. It will pop up before or after the Birthday and Facebook ads reading: "Online Only Special Offer 50% Off."It is orange, red and black. I LOVE these coupons and use them often. Usually when you buy something the register prints another coupon for 40-50% off at the register to use the next week.
Save on Groceries at Coupons.com! Click Here
Join Pampers Village to get offers, coupons and samples! You can also find valuable online tools and earn rewards for your Pampers pubchases and be entered for your chance to win FREE diapers for a year on Pampers Village! Just click the box above to sign up.
You can also go to Pampers Village to enter in the Gifts to Grow Codes that are posted every now and then. I am currently building up my points for rewards!
Love the Summer Sun? Love these Summer Sample Offers. Click Here
***EXPIRED***Check your Swag Swidgets to grab the code! It is worth 11 Swagbucks!
Go here to sign up and get 30 free Swagbucks. Swagbucks is FREE to use.
Read my Swagbucks Tips at the top of the homepage in the tabs section to find out how I earn Swagbucks! 10 five dollar Amazon Gift Cards and counting!
Sign up for DailyWorth, a free daily email about money management for women. Click Here
Labels: Swagbucks Codes
This is my first giveaway that I am hosting on The Frugal Free Gal. This is a month long giveaway. Just enter in and I will be contacting one lucky winner at the beginning of August to claim your prize! The winner will receive a year subscription to the All You Magazine from magazines.com. This magazine is fun to read and offers several money saving coupons. Even if you already have a subscription, it doesn't hurt to have another- it just means more savings for you!
Here are the participation rules:
*You must be 18 years or older.
*You must live in the United States.
*You will get one entry if you re-post this July giveaway post on your blog. In the comment section of any one of my posts, leave your blog link linking me back to this post on your blog. (1 entry)
*You will get one entry for becoming a follower of "The Frugal Free Gal" through July 1-July 31. After you become a follower, comment on any post telling me your following name and that you are following "The Frugal Free Gal" during the July giveaway. (1 entry)
*You will get one entry for grabbing my button and putting it on your blog. You must keep the button on your blog for the entire month of July to keep your entry active. Leave your blog link in one of my comment forms for me through one of my posts so I can see that you added it. (1 entry)
*You will get one entry for becoming a Twitter Follower through July 1-July 31. Leave your Twitter name in any posts comment section and make sure you tell me you are participating in the July giveaway. You must tweet this post, also! (1 entry)
You do not have to enter all four entries, but your chances of winning increase if you participate in all four. You can leave one comment form with all four entry descriptions if you wish.
I will randomly select a winner at the beginning of August. I will then contact the winner. If the winner does not reply and provide a mailing address within 48 hours, I will randomly select another winner. I will repeat until a participant can provide me with a mailing address to send the magazine subscription to. If given permission by the winner, I will post the winners name in a blog post along with/without their blog link.
Get a Neutrogena(R) or Dove(R) Facial Cleansing Cloth Sample. Click Here
Labels: July Giveaway
This policy is valid from 08 July 2010
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Get a FREE KraftMaid Idea Book on kitchens, baths, home office, entertainment centers, bedrooms, laundry rooms and more.
To order your book, click the box above.
1) Click on “Request Literature” in the top right corner of the site.
2) Choose “Consumer/Homeowner.”
3) Enter your Zip Code.
4) Complete the form and submit.
Labels: free book
I had a great shopping day. I had to stock up on a few things so I was sure to take my coupon binder along with me. I even had a lady stop me in the aisle to take a look at my coupons to tell me what a neat idea that was--and how she should try it!
Here is what I received for FREE today!
I planned to go to CVS today to get two free Dawn Olay Dish Soaps (9.5 oz each). The Dawn Liquid Dish Soaps were on sale for 99 cents each, regular $1.99. I had two $1.00 coupons from two Right at Home Coupon books that I recently posted about, so I used two coupons and received both of the dish soaps for FREE! My cat wanted to be in the picture since my daughter usually gets to be in the spotlight in this house!
Then I went to Target to pick up a few items like jelly, syrup, diapers, etc. I was browsing and found a clearance section at the end of one of the aisles. I looked down and saw a clearance sticker on two 25 pound bags of cat litter that was marked down to $1.31!!! This is LOW! I had my coupon binder handy, quickly pulled open the "pets" tab and pulled out my two coupons for $2.00 off that Tidy Cats sent me, used them towards this purchase, making them FREE! These would have cost me $10.48 without tax, regular price. (I refuse to let my cat pee and poop on our hard earned dollars.) I LOVE the clearance sections at Target. You can almost always find coupons to match already LOW prices! Remember me telling you about the Gillette Fusion Razor? It was regular $7.00 on sale for $3.50. I had a coupon for $4.00 off. FREE!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
If you need to contact me, email me at email@example.com.
The Frugal Free Gal is PR Friendly!
Reviews and Giveaways/Advertising:
If you have a family friendly product that you would like for me to review, or if you would like advertising space on "The Frugal Free Gal," please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. I will contact you back within 48 hours with my review/giveaway/advertising policy.
Please include the following in your email:
1. Description of product to be reviewed and/or used as a giveaway
2. Link to company’s website or blog
3. Information you would like included in the review and/or giveaway
4. Deadline for posting the review and/or giveaway
If you would like to advertise on The Frugal Free Gal, email me at email@example.com for more information on prices and advertising information. I accept payments through Paypal only.
I will contact you within 48 hours to let you know if I accept your request.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on The Frugal Free Gal's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Frugal Free Gal's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Frugal Free Gal at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on The Frugal Free Gal's web site are provided "as is". The Frugal Free Gal makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Frugal Free Gal does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Frugal Free Gal or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Frugal Free Gal's Internet site, even if The Frugal Free Gal or a The Frugal Free Gal authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Frugal Free Gal's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Frugal Free Gal does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Frugal Free Gal may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Frugal Free Gal does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Frugal Free Gal has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Frugal Free Gal of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Frugal Free Gal's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Watch this very short video on saving money with coupons. This video offers step by step instructions on becoming a coupon user! If the video shows up as a white screen for you, just click on the play button to view.
Go here to request your free sample of Tena Ultra Thin Pads. Scroll down after the first box and click where it says "Try a Free Sample of Tena." You only have to fill out the information where the red stars are.
I went and checked out this sample and it is still available. Go here if you have not requested this yet. I was able to submit my information again, but I am not sure if that means I will get another pack! You have four different sample packs to choose from.
Free Healthy Samples. As a member you will get samples, coupons, and exclusive access to special member only offers. Click Here
When you are almost finished checking out at the register, the machine next to the register prints out a long coupon for you. Did you know that the coupon is called a "Catalina Coupon", also know as "check-out coupons?" It is usually triggered by an item that was purchased in that transaction.
Catalina Coupons can be kind of tricky. Do not confuse Catalina Coupons for store coupons. They look like store coupons, but they are manufacturer's coupons. This means that you cannot stack a Catalina coupon with another manufacturer's coupon.
Walgreens calls their Catalina Coupons, "Register Rewards." Anytime you have a Catalina Coupon, save it with your other coupons and use them to maximize your savings when checking out. Who knows, you just might get even more "Catalina Coupons!"
Get a Neutrogena(R) or Dove(R) Facial Cleansing Cloth Sample. Click Here
Labels: Catalina coupons
Hurry! Go here to sign up for a free Ziploc Gift Pack! These are given out to the first 10,000 that respond! Get yours NOW!
Each gift pack contains:
• One box of 50-count Ziploc® Brand Sandwich Bags
• One box of 25-count Ziploc® Brand Storage Bags with the Smart Zip™ Seal.
• One package of Ziploc® Brand Containers with the Smart Snap™ Seal (small bowl)
Sample Offers of Everything You Need for Summer Click Here
Labels: free gift packs
I love thrift stores.
They are my favorite places to find items such as new to gently used kids clothes, books, and household items. I bought 21 pieces of clothing out of the $1.19 bin at a thrift store and paid $25.00 for all. Two of these items are from Gymboree, some from Carter's, Old Navy, and The Children's Place. One shirt is a brand new Circo shirt. I like to stock up on outfits for the next season and at these prices I would be a fool not to! Everything here is in great condition, no stains and new to gently worn. When it's time to get rid of these, I will donate, consign, and get my money back for her next set of clothes!
My daughter wanted to make sure her farm animals were featured in this post.
These Carter's boots were brand new for $2.39. I also find books for no more than $1.50 a piece. My daughter is into lift the flap books and I have found several recently. I also found an Elmo Video Set on this thrift store run.
Do you enjoy thrift shopping as much as I do?
Labels: thrift store finds
Coupons.com is my favorite website for printing coupons. Coupons.com has several coupons to offer and they are always adding new ones. Did you know that you usually can print coupons twice per computer? I have actually been able to print more at times until it says "print limit reached" for that particular coupon. When a new month comes around, many new coupons are added and some are reset.
I suggest that if you print coupons often, use refill ink for your ink cartridge. Refill ink is pretty cheap to buy and easy to use. I have been using refill ink for the life of my printer. I have been buying mine from 4inkjets.com and they ship quickly.
Recently, Inbox Dollars started something new where you can print coupons from coupons.com through their site and get 10 cents per coupon back after is has been redeemed. You can also get $5.00 just for signing up for Inbox Dollars. I actually print all of my coupons through Inbox Dollars from coupons.com just so I can get the extra 10 cents. It adds up! You can sign up by clicking the links below to both coupons.com or Inbox Dollars.
Happy Printing and Clipping!
Print coupons for your favorite brands and save at Coupons.com. Click Here
InboxDollars pays members to read e-mail, take surveys, play games, shop online, and more! Click Here
This sample is still available! Head here to request your free sample. These are great for traveling when you don't want to pack laundry detergent and dryer sheets! I still have my sample and plan to use them on a vacation in the near future! There were two in the pack with a money saving coupon.
If you aren't familiar with Target's Printable Coupons, head here. Keep in mind that these are store coupons and can be paired with manufacturer's coupons on one item for even more savings. This is called coupon stacking!