Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Decluttering the House: Another Trip to Once Upon a Child


I am in one of my declutter modes again. (This is why there haven't been too many posts lately!) I like it though because I usually feel like I have "lost weight" when I lose clutter. I recommend taking time every few months to toss what is unneeded or whatever is taking up valuable space in your home. I have a hard time holding on to certain things, like kids clothes and toys, but do keep a few things that are sentimental. As a military family, we move often, so the less we have, the less we have to worry about packing up. And, the more you have, the more you have to organize and clean! I also don't save too many things because when you save things to save money, you actually tend to spend more. You spend on storage tubs, storage space, not to mention the anxiety that comes with holding onto a lot of stuff and eventually having to go through it later.

I have managed to get a few junk drawers cleaned out, my garage, the toy closet, and now I have moved towards the office. I am also weeding out my daughters toys and clothes to make room for items she will get for her 2nd birthday from family and friends and from her Mama and Daddy, as well as making room for fall clothes.

I have another load to take tomorrow to Once Upon a Child. I currently have a $60 credit along with $15 cash I received the other day from there. I plan to spend it on whatever she needs next. I highly recommend selling your gently used kids items at Once Upon a Child if you feel you are drowning in kids toys and clothes! You will feel so much better once the clutter is gone!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!