Monday, September 13, 2010

Taming the Toy Closet *Before and After Pictures!

I have a toy closet in my living room area that I LOVE to keep my daughters toys in. The toy closet was getting way out of hand. I also keep a "catch all basket" by the closet where each evening I threw toys in it just to keep them from being scattered all over the house. The "catch all basket" got out of hand, too, and there were pieces to just about every toy she owned in there. I got very motivated to clean lastnight. I'm not sure if you watch the show Hoarders, but if you need any motivation to clean and declutter, just watch that show. 9/10 times I end up finding something to clean or declutter when watching that show. Last night it was the toy closet.

My daughters second birthday is coming up and she is already receiving a few new toys. I decided that since the closet was filling up, it was time to let go of a few things and make room for the new toys. I boxed up toys, books, and even some of her old clothes and decided to run to Once Upon a Child today to see what I could get for the items. I ended up getting $15 for the books and toys, and a $55 credit for the clothes. I was pleased. I plan to find her a thick jacket with the store credit along with a few Fall dresses for church.

Here are the before and after photos of the toy closet! So refreshing to have it clean again! The stuff scattered on the floor are the items I emptied from the "catch all basket!"




1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that you got money and credit, I'd love to find a place like that. I recently went through our craft/game closet....what a mess it was. It feels like it was just yesterday I went through the room with my boys, and still it looks like a tornado went through it.


    Thank you for participating in last week’s The Wednesday Window. This week there is an extra bonus to the featured blog, and there are new entry options into the free ad giveaway as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!