Monday, November 22, 2010

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles



Planes, Trains, & Automobiles---a great movie to watch during the Thanksgiving Holidays, and a great caption for my day today (minus the talkative stranger). We are currently visiting family and I am so happy to be "home." Texas will always be home to me, no matter where military life takes me. I love everything about Texas...especially the Texas BBQ! You can expect to see more posts from me soon. Today was just a very large travel day for me and I was away from my computer.

I managed to go through Airport security in record time today. Luckily, no body scans or pat downs for me-or my daughter! I was able to throw the carseat, stroller, and what felt like a fifty pound backpack up on the conveyor belt along with taking my daughters and my own shoes and jackets off in about a minute. I have become a pro when going through security. Practice makes perfect--I'm a frequent flier!

It was a pretty peaceful flight. We always sit in the back next to the restrooms and she did great in her carseat. We watched a few Dora, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Sesame Street videos along the way. She had some snacks, she colored, she magna-doodled, she listened to kids songs on my i-Pod. I did my best to keep her entertained--we even made a puppet out of the blue barf bag (which my daughter LOVED!)

We are just glad to be "home." Home to visit family and friends that we never see on a regular basis. It has been about a year since some of my family has seen my daughter--and we all know how much they grow from one year old to two.  I am thankful to be able to get back to spend great quality time with those I love.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!