Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Walgreen's and Food Lion Savings

Before my "official" coupon break takes place in December, I had a pile of coupons I wanted to use on items that needed restocking before my break. These were all non-food items that I needed to buy. I headed to Walgreens and Food Lion to take care of my shopping.

I got to the checkout at Walgreens and was asked if I was military. Immediate 15% off savings on EVERY item. Thanks, Walgreens for supporting military families! You will see me almost every Tuesday! On top of that, I had my stack of coupons with me. With the military discount and the coupons, Total Walgreens Savings: $18.24!



Then I headed to Food Lion just down the street to pick up some bananas, cat food, and canned vegetables. Food Lion's canned vegetables were on sale for $0.39 a can so this was the time to stock up. The Friskies cat food was on sale, buy one get one free. This brought them to about $2.50 a piece and I had a $1.00 off coupon. One of the bags I ended up paying only $1.50 for. This is a great deal because I know that I buy cat food for over $3.00 a bag. Total Food Lion Savings: $10.80


Total Savings Today: $29.04


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!