Sunday, June 27, 2010

Food Lion Savings = $42.88

Today was one of those good shopping days. The one where I was able to take my time and find the good sales and pair them with my coupons. Also, a day where I didn't have to take my toddler with me and keep her occupied with anything I could find that seemed interesting on the shelves.

You know it is a good shopping day when the lady behind you at the register is in disbelief when she hears the cashier say, "You saved $42.88 today." Yes, today was a good shopping day. I had my coupon binder with me and made sure to find what we needed. 99% of what was in my cart was on sale--and I had coupons to match that sale. I also used my MVP card and that brought my savings down significantly. Three of my items were free: my two cans of olives (I wrote to the company and they sent me two coupons that covered the olives) and a free can of Libby's vegetables--all because I liked them on Facebook. I also got a small Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cup for 25 cents, because I used my $1.00 off coupon. The savings are magical when you take your time to clip coupons and use them at the grocery store.


Remember that you will be shopping for the rest of your life. You will always buy food. You will always need paper products like toilet paper. You will probably use soap *hopefully* for the rest of your life. Why not learn now how to save on these products and get them for next to nothing!? Grocery budgets aren't that low these days. In fact, what some families spend on a grocery bill in a month can compare to what a car payment will cost.

That is why The Frugal Free Gal blog was invented. I am here to help show you that it is easy to save at the grocery store. Print coupons, clip them from the Sunday newspaper, write to companies and visit their webpages for coupons. Coupons are everywhere. I don't see them as paper anymore. They are real. They are "FREE" money. Use them and be proud.


Print coupons for your favorite brands and save at Coupons.com. Click Here

Savings on almost everything. Get your coupons now! Click Here

Webmasters - Generate easy income from your website Click Here

If you are new to coupons, read my article on tips for beginners here.



1 comment:

  1. Just began following you. Follow me back too... Also I have a giveaway going for my etsy shop:
    you can read about it here: http://blauzonsews.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-first-giveaway.html and enter to win here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ButterBeansChicPeas/127683153913459

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!